At the Maestro Musicians Academy, we believe in the following seven core values:
1. Prioritize the musical needs of your students as highly as your own
2. Value the time and schedule of your students' families as highly as your own
3. Develop a long-term, trusting relationship with our students and their families
4. Express yourself through the eyes and ears of a child
5. Meet students wherever they are on their personal journeys
6. Communicate with parents, students, and the school on a regular basis
7. Inspire and motivate students so that your enthusiasm is contagious
Maintain a regular weekly schedule of lessons and follow-up with students/parents through take-home lesson notes.
Commit to teaching a minimum of one afternoon/evening of after-school weekday or a weekend day of lessons that we will build up over the course of a few months
Intend to keep the same day and time available throughout the entire school year
Consistently show up on time to lessons
Communicate with parents/students about student progress at regular intervals via our progress reports
Prepare students for our optional recitals which take place at least twice per year
Must be computer savvy enough to report hours worked on our scheduling platform, Pike13
Love of working with children and being a "kid at heart"
Strong English language skills
Bachelor's in music performance or music education preferred but we will also consider instructors with at least 1 year of teaching experience
At least three references (If you can, please include 1-3 from families of current/former students and/or employers)
Ability to consistently arrive on time to our teaching location(s) at 2600 Massachusetts Avenue in Lexington and/or 55 Rhoades Avenue in East. Walpole. Only one location is required but you may elect to work in more than one, based on demand. Please check your route and timing on maps.google.com before applying for this position
A schedule that will not conflict with your need to hold onto the same teaching day from September through June
Be available for at least 4 hours per week on a given afternoon/evening so that we can grow your studio.
If you are on a visa, the visa must not expire before one year has elapsed, unless you have a document to prove that it will be renewed immediately without a grace period or gap
Legal documentation to work in the United States
Does This Sound Like You?